Monday, July 7, 2014

Mac Moody Blooms Collection Haul

The Moody Blooms Collection from Mac was released the week of June 23rd but I'm just now getting around to doing a swatch and review post. I am horrible at this whole beauty blogging thing. Anyway, I purchased three items from this collection. Here they are in all their swatched up, used up glory:



From left to right we have Bred for Beauty blush, Copperthorn fluidline, and Artistic License eyeshadow. Here are the swatches:


 

Bred for Beauty is a Beauty Powder Blush in a Matte finish described by Mac as a mid-tone blue pink. This blush is finely milled and super pigmented. I did a pretty heavy-handed swatch with my finger but depending on the brush you use it should be pretty easy to tone down for the face. Really pretty but not all that unique although it seems like it would work on a lot of different skintones. It retails for $21 and is still available pretty much everywhere.

Artistic License is an eyeshadow in the Veluxe Pearl finish described by Mac as a pinky gold. This shadow looks super pink in the pan and on my arm but I found that it showed more of an even mixture between pink and gold on my eyelid. I liked the formula as well, not super pigmented but not patchy either, and easy to build. It retails for $15 and is still available at bloomingdales.com, dillards.com, and maybe a store/counter near you.

Copperthorn is a fluidline that is listed on Nordstrom's website as having a Dazzle finish (whatever the hell that means) and is described by Mac as a glittery bronze. This fluidline is as finicky as it is gorgeous. It was easy to apply a solid layer with my finger or a q-tip but as it dries it feels stiff and if you go over it again it starts to come off. It's texture is more flakes than glitter with a thin base. I used my Mac 210 brush and pressed it underneath my lower lashline and loved it that way. As long as you don't mess with it too much there shouldn't be a lot of fall out. And I know some people like to use fluidlines on the waterline even though I don't think you are supposed to but with Copperthorn I would say DO NOT EVER USE ON THE WATERLINE FOR REAL I MEAN IT. I accidentally had some fall out from my lid onto my waterline and the flakes irritated/scratched the hell out of my eyeball. Really this one takes some experimenting with brushes and techniques but it is really beautiful and one of the more unique items Mac has put out. Like BfB, this is still available pretty much everywhere and retails for $16.

So these were my picks from the Moody Bloom collection, I still may pick up the Black Ivy fluidline if its available after my next paycheck. Overall I think this was a nice collection, not mind-blowing but a lot of good colors. If you can check this collection out in stores, I would.




No comments:

Post a Comment