Monday, October 14, 2013

Illamasqua Perseid Swatches

This is actually my first Illamasqua polish. It's from their new #Creators collection which was created by four different beauty bloggers for the company's 5th birthday. This polish was created by stylesuzi.com. The collection is exclusive to illamasqua.com and Illamasqua stores if you live in the UK. As soon as I saw this polish I knew I had to have it, even with the crazy international shipping prices, and I have no regrets. It may not have a perfect formula but it is one of the most unique polishes I've ever come across. It looks like galaxy nail art all in one bottle. No need for nail art skills with this polish!






The base color is a pretty inky purple with green shimmer and multi-sized holographic glitter. The formula was a bit thick but one coat was enough to cover the whole nail. There were a couple spots where I had to dab some polish on to fill in some color but the glitter went on evenly. I decided to dab in the spots instead of chancing a second coat because I was afraid of the polish becoming too lumpy. 










Unfortunately because of the glitter the polish was still a little lumpy so I used two coats of top coat for these swatches. The good thing is that the base color left no staining on removal but the glitter was kind of a pain which is usual for glitter polishes. Overall I'd still say this polish was worth the price to me but for other people it may not be.

Illamasqua #Creators collection consists of two polishes, Fusion and Perseid, and two lip glosses, Wanderlust and Culminate. Polishes and glosses are both £14.50 each from illamasqua.com.

Bonus cell phone pic: 



No comments:

Post a Comment